Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Days off

I work three 12 hour shifts each week, and I prefer to work 2-3 days in a row, so that I get to know the patients better. However, this leaves me with 4 days in a row off, and while I am definitely not complaining, I sometimes am at a loss for things to do since everyone else I know is usually working. I have plenty of magazines to read and cleaning to do, and I enjoy taking my dog to the dog park (probably more for me than him). I shall make a sidenote that I am currently on isoretinin (accutane), and during this last month of being on it, I have noticed a decreased motivation to do most anything, which can be a major side effect of the medication, and subsequently part of the reason why my doctor has decided this will be my 6th and final month, even though she wanted me to do one more month. Other side effects noticed that I was promised would go away: increased dry eye, nighttime blurred vision, hair loss... but, oh, the clear skin is all worth it (granted, if these side effects truly do reverse). I still have some minor scarring and am wondering if microdermabrasion is a good option once the accutane clears my system.

Off to meet a friend for lunch... I'd better finish getting ready so I'm not late.

No comments:

Post a Comment