Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Week Off

I planned a week off of work because I thought I might be going out of town with my boyfriend to Hawaii. Well, this wasn't the time his work decided to send him to Hawaii, so we went to San Diego for a couple days. He's probably going to move there for his work, and wants me to come with him. I applied for a few jobs to see what was out there. Why is it that companies always want applicants to have 1-2 years experience? Who am I going to get this experience from if no one will hire me? I want to get into L&D which requires 1 year experience, and the HR recruiter told me to apply for their new grad program that starts in June. I honestly don't mind starting at the bottom, in fact I love learning and think this would be a great opportunity, but I do have a little experience. I hope they see that. Plus, the application process starts the end of February, and I would probably move in April. Do I wait to hear about this program, or do try and accept another job? I haven't even told my family that I'm thinking about moving.

My boyfriend tells me something like 'I looked it up and there are 11,000 nursing jobs in San Diego [or CA, can't remember what he said]' Okay, well a lot of those I'm not qualified for with either education or experience (i.e., NP, ICU, ER), and a lot of those I probably don't want to work at (i.e. home health, nursing home), so don't always believe the statistics outright. :)

I will find a great job at a great company, I will find a great job at a great company, I will find a great job at a great company.

Back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment